The main living room has underfloor heating and a dynamic open-plan layout with different spaces interconnected but separated by design: ideal for large groups yet intimate enough for a couple on their own. A wall of glass in the dining area maximises the stunning views across the estuary and slides open onto the broad, south-facing terrace running the length of the house. French doors to the side open onto a shaded Loggia with soft seating for chilling out on hot days, with two other areas for alfresco dining at one end and ping-pong at the other.
The garden beyond is predominantly flat lawn - perfect for Badminton or Boules, giving way to open woodland directly above Rock beach. The beach, the water-sport centre and the ferry point linking Rock to Padstow are all within 5 - 10 minutes' walk via the lane or directly over the wild rolling dunes that surround the house. The kitchen is well-equipped and central to the space, its huge island creating a natural gathering point to ensure that the cook is never abandoned or if outside caterers are used, separates the working area from the rest. A 'Snug' TV or playroom provides a complete retreat for any age and can convert into a safe soft play area with the addition of a child gate at the door.
The Utility, Wet room & Downstairs WC are accessed from the entrance hall. (Detailed below)
LIVING ROOM Seating Area
- Large comfy sofas & armchairs grouped round Kelim rug in front of the glass-fronted log fire ;
- Roberts CD/radio player, iPod/phone connector and secondary TV
- Desk, High-Speed Internet & Wifi;
- French doors to loggia with soft seating and magnificent estuary view.
- Folding Bridge table
- Designed & equipped for real cooking but holiday living, with a huge sink in the main island enjoying a view to dream of that guests have confessed they are reluctant to leave !
- Dining table & chairs for 10 sharing the same view through large sliding doors
- Cook zone: Belling range with 2 large ovens, separate grill and induction hob*; microwave; 2 dishwashers; main larder fridge; supplementary smaller fridge; separate drinks/wine-cooler fridge; 3-drawer freezer; deLonghi coffee maker and all other essential appliances. There is also a large larder cupboard for storage of bulkier items, wine etc.
- Outside teak dining table with parasol and chairs for 10;
- Gas-fired BBQ
*Please note: guests with pacemakers should avoid using the Induction Hob as this can interfere with the device.
- The Snug is just that: one huge, squishy L-shaped sofa; masses of cushions; a 40” Samsung Smart HD TV with Sky; DVD player.
- Fitted carpet for small knees, and if you bring a child's gate & remove any breakables, the whole room makes a perfect playpen directly off the kitchen.
Wet Room shower, Downstairs WC & Utility with separate outside access so that wet-suits can be peeled off and showers taken in the warmth, isolating the wet area from the rest of the house. Equipped with a walk-in shower, separate WC & basin, butler’s sink, high speed spinner for towels & swimsuits, washing machine, tumble dryer, and strong stainless drying rails running the length of the shower area.
Handheld rinsing shower just outside the back door; outdoor rotary clothes drier & wetsuit drying rack